Use these funny pick-up lines to make her giggle, get her number, and ask her out on a date. Use wisely (read: with a good sense of humor and touch of irony!)
19 Smooth, Funny Pick-Up Lines to Ask a Girl Out With
1. “I’m not a photographer, but I can picture you and me together.”
Plus points if you actually do have a camera with you. Just make sure not to give a creepy look so she doesn’t get the wrong idea.
2. “Do I know you? Because you look a lot like my next girlfriend.”
Before saying the punch line, wait for her to answer your question. They’ll probably respond with a “huh” or give a confused look.
3. “Are you a parking ticket? ‘Coz you’ve got fine written all over you.”
This is a pretty obvious pick-up line. To make it work, you need to get the right timing. Make sure you’re not going too fast or too slow.
4. “There’s only one thing I want to change about you, and that’s your last name.”
This line would work well after complimenting her. You can opt to say a pick-up line before this, but it might be best to actually say a sincere compliment.
5. “Is your dad a terrorist? Because you’re the bomb!”
Be careful where you say this pick-up line. You can use it when you’re at a house party or if it’s just the two of you together. But try to avoid using this pick-up line at airport terminals, bus stations, and other public places. TSA don’t play, man.
6. “Do you believe in love at first sight or should I pass by again?”
The best way to execute this is to walk in front of her while making slight eye contact. Then, approach her and say this pick-up line. If your timing is right, you might get a few giggles.
7. “Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?”
This is a great icebreaker for first dates. It breaks the initial tension and paves the way for a new topic: her career.
8. “Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right”
The proper way to execute this is to sound like you’re really curious. Mind your tone of voice and make it seem like you’re actually asking a question. Otherwise, you’ll already lose her attention right after the words “kiss me.”
9. “Can I follow you home? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams.”
What makes this is a great pick-up line is it shifts her emotions from a confused state to a relaxed one. Just make sure not to sound like a maniac when you say the first part of the pick-up line. Instead of her number, you might get a slap across your face if you don’t do this one right.
10. “Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see!”
It’s a classic pick-up line that never really gets old. This would probably work best if she weren’t actually from Tennessee. Otherwise, the joke won’t work.
11. “I’d say God bless you, but it looks like He already did.”
Did you hear a hot girl sneeze? Then it’s the perfect time to bust out this ice-breaking pick-up line.
12. “Are you my phone charger? Because without you, I’d die.”
Are you trying to ask a girl out? Then this is one of the best cheesy pick-up lines to try out. Be careful not to come on too strong. Make sure to clarify that you’re just trying to make a girl smile, not blackmail her.
13. “Sorry but you owe me a drink, [pause] because when I looked at you, I dropped mine.”
Make sure to pause before saying the punch line. Give her a bit of time to process what you just said. After she gives you a confused look, it’s time to say the second part of the pick-up line.
14. “My buddies bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the hottest girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?”
Did your pals actually dare you to talk to a hot girl in the bar? Then try out this pick-up line. If you act cool and casual, you might just get her to go along with you. Who knows, you might even get a date from her before the night ends.
15. “Hello. Cupid called. He wants to tell you that he needs my heart back. “
A solid way to deliver these types of funny pick-up lines is to actually have a phone in your hand. Hurriedly approach her as if there were an emergency then say your joke. The reason you need to do it hurriedly is you need to catch her attention. Otherwise, it’d be pretty obvious what pick-up line you’re going to say.
16. “You must be tired [pause] because you’ve been running through my head all night.”
Don’t use this pick-up line on a girl that actually looks tired. Otherwise, you might just piss her off. The goal here is to confuse her before delivering the punch line.
17. [Before she leaves] “Hey! Aren’t you forgetting something” [She answers: What?] “Me!”
Before she leaves, try to gauge your previous conversations to see how well this line would work. If you do it right, you can get anything from a few giggles to even a night at her place. Of course, always remember not to sound too aggressive when doing these types of pick-up lines.
18. “If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?”
Are you desperate to find a date? Then try out this joke! It’s basically impossible for her to reject your invitation to a date with this pick-up line. Just make sure to clear out that you’re not really forcing her into going out on a date. You wouldn’t want to appear needy and impose yourself on her, would you?
19. “Do you have a Band-Aid? [pause] I just scraped my knee falling for you.”
This is a classic pick-up line we’ve probably heard some time in middle school. She might know from the get-go that you’re trying out a pick-up line. But if she’s really interested in you, she’d still hear you out.
Need more pick up lines? Check out The Attractive Man’s top 10 picks:
While delivering any of these, make sure to mind your tonality, body language, and overall appearance. Not even the best pick-up lines would help you land a date if you’re a messy slob. Also, remember that your goal is to make her smile, not get in her pants. If you’re too aggressive, not only will you lose her, but she might even call the cops on you if you’re going way out of bounds.
What are some of your go-to pick-up lines? Share them with us in the comments section down below!