Margarita recipes are a staple of the summer season. It’s amazing how one drink can take you place– one minute, you’re at home bored out of your mind, and the next, you’re sipping on a homemade margarita that brings back hazy memories of fun nights on the beach. Here’s a list of 3 versions that will keep you covered, whether you’re in the mood for a classic margarita recipe or a frozen margarita recipe!
3 Margarita Recipes Perfect for the Summer Season
1. The Original Margarita
Nothing beats an original margarita recipe when you’re down by the beach. This drink is such a hit that you can make it almost everywhere. Whether you’re at a beach, at a barbecue, or even when you’re just hosting a few buddies at home with some Mexican food, whip up this drink if you’re in the mood for something familiar and refreshing this summer season!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- Salt and lime slice to garnish
1. Make honey water by mixing a half a shot of raw honey and half a shot of water into a shot glass.
2. Place all the other ingredients in a shaker and mix well.
3. Slowly pour the honey water into the shaker until you’ve reached your preferred sweetness. By the way, don’t forget to keep shaking your margarita mix while tasting to make sure all the flavors are well-combined.
4. Take your lime slice and slide it around the rim of your glass, then dip the rim of the glass into a plate of salt
5. Pour the margarita mix from your shaker into your glass filled with crushed ice.
2. Tangerine Lemonade Margarita
Love Tropicana and finding more ways to drink it every day? Try including it in your margarita mix for a grown-up drink you and your friends will love. The best part is, now you won’t have to choose between 2 cocktails. After all, this Tangerine Lemonade Margarita gives you both a Sex on the Beach cocktail and a margarita — basically, it’s a hybrid drink even more people will love.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 oz. Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade
- 2 oz. Cranberry juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. Tequila
- Lime slices
- Triple Sec (optional)
- Soda water (optional)
1. Mix the Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade, cranberry juice, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Take your lime slice and slide in around the rim of your glass, then dip the rim of the glass into a plate of salt.
3. Pour the Tropicana mix from the shaker into the glass. You can also top the drink with a few splashes of club soda if preferred.
3. Coconut Margarita
This recipe has to be one of the most extra margarita recipes ever made, but it sure makes for a delicious drink and a great way to entertain. This drink is best served with shaved ice, so if you’ve got an ice machine, take it out for a spin this summer season. Make this drink even more fantastic by serving it in an empty coconut. It looks great and you have the added bonus of not needing to wash extra glasses after the party’s over!
What You’ll Need:
- 4.5 oz Tequila (silver is preferred)
- 1.5 oz Triple Sec
- 1.5 oz Lime juice
- Simple syrup
- 1.5 oz Coconut cream
- Shredded coconut to garnish
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and pour the mixture into a hollowed-out coconut or a margarita glass.
2. Garnish with a sprinkling of shredded coconut flakes.
Want more margarita recipes to include in your arsenal of cocktail recipes? Here’s one from Howcast inspired by another summer favorite fruit: watermelon!
Remember, when it comes to margarita recipes, you’ll just need the basics: limes, Triple Sec, Tequila, a sweetener, and some salt. Everything else added is just a bonus and a flavor enhancer. Why not experiment and make your own mix this summer? You never know, you might actually discover a new signature drink!
Have any suggestions for margarita recipes? Share them in the comments section below!