Men need that one recipe to surprise and wow everyone, and this chicken parm stuffed peppers dish is it. This easy chicken stuffed peppers dish is a riff off of those popular keto chicken stuffed peppers recipes, making it low-carb and healthy. What’s more is it’s so easy to make, it’s practically idiot-proof. Check out how to make it below.
Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers for Men Who Don’t Cook
- Mozzarella, shredded, 3 cups
- Parmesan, freshly grated, ½ cup
- Garlic, minced, 3 cloves
- Marinara, 1 ½ cup
- Parsley, freshly chopped, 1 tbsp plus more for garnish
- Red pepper flakes, crushed, 1 pinch
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Chicken breasts, cooked or baked and cut into bite-sized pieces, 12 ounces
- Bell peppers, 6 – 8 pieces
- Low-sodium chicken broth, ½ cup
Step 1: Combine the First 8 Ingredients
Combine mozzarella, parmesan, marinara, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: Add the Chicken Breast
Once everything’s mixed in, stir in the cooked chicken breasts.
Step 3: Prepare the Bell Peppers
Prep the bell peppers by cutting them into halves, taking out their cores, and cleaning off the seeds.
Step 4: Spoon the Mixture onto the Bell Peppers
Spoon the red mixture onto the bell peppers and cap each off with a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella.
Step 5: Pour the Chicken Broth
Pour the chicken broth onto a baking dish and then arrange the bell peppers inside the dish. The broth will steam the bell peppers. Cover the baking dish with foil.
Step 6: Start Baking
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place the baking dish with the bell peppers after 10 minutes. Bake for 1 hour.
Step 7: Remove the Foil and Broil
Remove the foil from the baking dish and broil it for 2 minutes.
Step 8: Garnish and Enjoy
Garnish these babies with parsley and Parmesan. Get ready to chow down.
How to Play Around with This Recipe
- The Cut: You can cut the tops of the bell peppers instead of cutting them lengthwise. Just take the cores and clean the seeds off. Now you can pretty much stuff anything in the middle. Remove the stem from the top portion and use it as a lid.
- The Stuffing: Instead of using chicken, you can use ground meat and other vegetables instead of cheese and tomato sauce. How about using chili as a stuffing instead of the parmigiana you see here?
- The Broth: You can also use another broth to steam the peppers with so instead of chicken, you can use beef broth or vegetable broth.
There you go, a nice healthy meal you can easily whip up in the kitchen–one that isn’t a steak or something you have to grill for a change. You can pack it away to eat at work or wolf it down post-gym. It’ll serve nicely as a post-recovery meal. What’s more, this chicken stuffed peppers recipe is a great dish to bring along to a family potluck–your mom (or mom-in-law) will be impressed.
What other manly meals do you want us to teach you how to cook? Write down your responses in the comments section below.
Let Us Know What You Think