A legit skincare routine involves some solid face moisturizing. Here are 13 of the best face moisturizers for men made more badass by their SPF content.
13 of the Manliest and Awesomest Men’s Moisturizer with SPF
Before Everything Else…
Choosing a moisturizer can be quite overwhelming; the skincare market is brimming with options. Knowing your skin type is the most important factor in the decision process. Bel0w are four of the major skin types:
- Sensitive – If you have sensitive skin, your skin is likely to react badly to new products. Exfoliation and shaving can be quite the challenge, too, because your face becomes easily irritated. If this sounds like you, when looking for moisturizers, you’ll want a product that contains gentle ingredients. Stay away from harsh chemicals like methylisothiazolinone, triclosan, and bismuth oxychloride.
- Oily – Most products applied to this skin type tend to cause dryness, making the skin overcompensate by producing more oil. The best moisturizer for oily skin? Go with gel or liquid formulations to keep your skin moisturized without making your face greasy.
- Dry – Exfoliating and moisturizing is key. Look for moisturizers that can soothe dryness and provide long-lasting hydrating effects.
- Normal – Is your skin radiant, not too dry, not too oily, has few to no blemishes and has no sensitivity of any kind? You lucky bastard. Since you don’t have any specific problem to address, you have more freedom to search for products that work best on you.
We’ve attached a video below to help you figure out your skin type. But before you skip ahead, here are the best sunscreens for men.
1. Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions Super Fluid UV Mineral Defense SPF 50+
View this post on Instagram
#Preventioniskey 🔑 I wear sunscreen everyday, rain or shine. If you have acne prone skin, this is the sunscreen for you. Liquid and light weight, perfect for your last step in your skincare routine ☀️⛅ . . . @kiehls @kiehlsnyc @kiehlscanada #sunscreen #liquidsunscreen #spf #spf50 #kiehlssuperfluiduvdefence #skincare #uvauvbprotection #uvauvbsunscreen #skincareroutine #skincareaddict #skincarejunkie #skincareadvice #greyblueday #KiehlsSweepstakes
It’s never a good idea to skip sunscreen, especially if you have sensitive and/or acne-prone skin. Although chemical sunscreen products absorb the sun’s harmful rays before they reach the skin, chemicals from these filters can irritate the zits that are already there, too. If you have acne, this mineral formulation by Kiehl’s could be the best moisturizer for you. It is lightly tinted, infused with Vitamin E, and creates a barrier on your face to deflect UV rays.
2. Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20
This versatile moisturizer by Jack Black is made with gluten-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, and certified organic ingredients. So whether you have dry, normal, sensitive, or even slightly oily skin, this cream can keep your face well-moisturized and nourished. On top of its very gentle and top-notch formulation, it also doubles as a pretty solid sunscreen as well, with an impressive SPF 20.
3. Clinique For Men UV Broad Spectrum SPF 21
You might think of applying a moisturizer with SPF as just a measure to avoid getting sunburnt, dark spots, or melanoma, but if you make it a part of your regimen, it’s going to be hello good-looking skin. You might want to try Clinique’s SPF 21 moisturizer. It’s lightweight, oil-free, and quick to absorb.
4. Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15
Suited for men with drier skin, this face cream from Lab Series comes in a bit of a silky lotion texture. It’s got SPF 15 to protect you from UVA/UVB rays, smoke, and pollution, and nourishing antioxidants to help prevent fine lines and other signs of aging.
5. Dove Men+Care Face Lotion
The easiest way to look smooth—add Dove Men+Care Hydrate Face Lotion to your grooming routine. pic.twitter.com/D7XpRXS159
— Dove Men+Care (@DoveMenCare) January 15, 2015
Having a quality skin care routine doesn’t need to be expensive. Dove Men + Care Face Lotion is an affordable moisturizer/sunscreen with SPF 15. It’s non-greasy, prevents skin damage, and does a really great job hydrating the skin. It’s perfect for guys with tighter budgets or those who don’t want to spend too much on a face cream. However, it’s not the best moisturizer for if you have sensitive skin though, as its formula contains fragrances.
6. Neutrogena Men Age Fighter with SPF 15
— Personal Care (@personalcarehub) September 7, 2016
If your day requires light outdoor exposure, slathering this Neutrogena moisturizer on your face can protect you from the sun’s harmful rays. What’s great about this face cream, on top of its SPF 15, is it’s formulated with vitamin A and other skin-hydrating vitamins. This vitamin isn’t just good for the eyes. Dermatologists also use vitamin A to reduce wrinkles and lines.
7. Anthony Logistics Oil Free Facial Lotion SPF 30
At first thought, moisturizing already-oily skin doesn’t seem to make sense, but it’s essential regardless of skin type. While you might think that applying moisturizer will just grease up your skin even more, moisturizers do more than that, especially when they come with SPF 30. Great moisturizers like this one from Anthony Logistics can help in balancing sebum production, soothing shaving irritation, and nourishing and hydrating the skin. Your skin will look younger and healthier — the sun protection is the icing on the cake.
8. Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion with SPF 20
Neutrogena Triple Protect Men’s Daily Face Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, Moisturizer to Fight Aging Signs, Soothe Razor Irritation & Relieve Dry Skin, 1.7 fl. oz https://t.co/UacfOGTCzE pic.twitter.com/V3uL16GBrJ
— My Body (@mybodyparts) May 16, 2018
Using this face lotion by Neutrogena Men can give you a trifecta of benefits. It helps soothe shaving irritation, relieves dry skin, and protects you against signs of aging. Wait, make it four! It also has SPF 20 to shield you from the damaging rays of the sun. It’s not the best product for men with sensitive skin though because it contains parabens, fragrances, and alcohol.
9. Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer with SPF 20
If there’s one thing guys at Jack Black know so well, it’s that men dislike the greasy feeling heavy moisturizers leave behind. This lightweight cream feels awesome. It comes with hydrating and potent vitamins and antioxidants plus an SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection to shield your skin from sun damage.
10. No7 Men Protect & Perfect Intense Moisturizer SPF15
— Billy VS (@eBayShopperNews) May 25, 2017
This No7 moisturizer is hypo-allergenic and well-suited for men with dry to normal skin types. Lightweight and gentle on the skin, it does an impressive job of keeping the skin well-moisturized throughout the day. It is formulated with dimethicone, too, which leaves behind an attractive matte finish after application. Finally, of course, it also boasts an SPF 15 sunblocking capability.
11. Dermalogica Oil Free Matte SPF 30
Are you skipping Moisturizer Town to avoid a shiny, sweaty face? Then this oil-free moisturizer by Dermalogica should do the trick. It dries to a matte finish, leaving a suave look. On top of this, it can also soothe razor irritation, fight aging, and protect your skin from the sun with SPF 30.
12. (Malin + Goetz) SPF 30 Moisturizer
This top-notch moisturizer from (Malin + Goetz) has SPF 30, providing a broad-spectrum sun shield, and vitamin E and other antioxidants, delivering all-day hydration to the skin. It is lightweight and non-greasy and helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
13. Billy Jealousy Combat Lines Face Moisturizer SPF 30
— ThomasBenjaminCooper (@_ThomasBCooper) November 8, 2017
With this moisturizer from Bill Jealousy, you don’t just combat lines and wrinkles, you also combat skin cancer with its added SPF 30.
Not sure what your skin type is? Watch this video from AWxInc. below to find out!
Face it — wearing sunscreen shouldn’t be just a summer thing. The skin has to be protected from the sun all year round. Lucky for us, moisturizers formulated with SPF exist. Two products in one — what a great time to be alive.
Have you tried any of these products before? Share with your experience in the comments section below!